Walt Disney World has a huge selection and variety of dining options but there are still some people who think that it is just a basic burgers and fries kind of place. Normally, I’d love to show those people wrong but today I’m going to feed into the stereotype and tell you just how much of a burgers kind of place Walt Disney World is.
I asked my fellow Disney Nerds what their recommendations and favorite burgers on property and here is just a small list of some of our favorites (by no means our ultimate list but still great recommendations)!
- Royal Guard Burger– Ed’s choice is the Royal Guard Burger at Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios. It’s a 1/3 lb Angus Beef Burger, topped with BBQ Brisket, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Pickles. Last time Ed had it they also served on a dark pumpernickel roll! How can you not love BBQ AND a Burger!?!
- Southern Burger- Jimmy just tried the Southern Burger at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Hollywood Studios and he said it was one of the best burgers he’s had on Disney property. The Southern Burger is a patty (combo of ground chuck, short rib, & brisket) topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento Cheese, Bacon, and Lettuce on a Brioche Roll. Wow! I don’t know about you but I was sold with the fried green tomato!
- Bacon Mac-n-Cheese Burger– Sam says it’s hard to beat Guy Fieri’s signature burger and I can understand why! A burger topped with Applewood smoked bacon, six cheese mac-n-cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and crispy onion straws which somehow all fit on the garlic buttered brioche bun. This burger is also served with Guy Fieri’s donkey sauce which is described as aiolis like with garlic, mayonnaise, olive oil, and other ingredients. This burger sounds too good to be true!!
- Taco Burger– Lisa choice is the Taco Burger at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café in the Magic Kingdom. This amazing burger comes topped with American Cheese, Seasoned Ground Beef, Lettuce and Tomatoes while on a Brioche Bun. This sounds like a delicious burger but Lisa adds a great tip by heading to the toppings bar to make this burger even better!
- Boaring Burger– My choice is the Boaring Burger and one of the reasons is just the name. You’ve got to love a pun! You can find the Boaring Burger at Raglan Road at Disney Springs. This burger is grilled wild boar with blue cheese, crispy onion strings, arugula, port and pear chutney, and herb aioli on a potato bun. I love this burger and I love a potato bun!
Charlotte decided that there were too many burgers to just pick one and I can understand why after hearing everyone’s favorites. Charlotte had a tie:
- Bison Cheeseburger– The Bison Cheeseburger can be found at Geyser Point Bar and Grill at The Wilderness Lodge Resort. This burger is topped with bacon, Tillamook cheddar, sweet onion straws, lettuce, tomato, garlic aioli, and marionberry barbecue sauce while served on an artisan roll. This burger sounds so good!
- Signature Burger– Head on over to The Wave at the Contemporary Resort and try Charlotte’s second choice, the Signature Burger. It’s a blended burger patty topped with Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, red onion, pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes on a brioche bun. Yum!!
Now, these are just a few of our favorites and of course there’s always more to choose from! We also must mention another great option:
- Cheeseburger Steamed Pods (Bao Buns) – Head over to The World of Pandora at the Animal Kingdom and check out Satu’li Canteen for these unique cheeseburgers! The Bao Buns are steamed cheeseburger pods stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and cheddar cheese. These cheeseburgers are delicious and worth mentioning (and trying)!
- D-Luxe Burger – We can’t talk about burgers without mentioning D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs. It a perfect place to grab a burger that’s beyond the basic burger. I got the Cluck Burger during my last trip which is a Ground Chicken Patty, Herb Sauce, Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato. It was delicious! My friend also has some food allergies and got a Classic Cheeseburger on a gluten-free bun and she said that is one of the few places where the gluten-free bun doesn’t fall apart! We also got fries which are hand cut and you have to try the dipping sauces (I love the chipotle mayo and garlic ranch sauces!)
Be sure to let us know what your favorite burgers are at Walt Disney World and if you haven’t tried a burger then you now have a great list to work off of!
Don’t forget, if you’d like to plan a trip to try these burgers and more then be sure to contact the official travel agent of The Disney Nerds Podcast, Once Upon a Time Travel.