Planning a trip to Disney World in Florida, Disneyland in California, Aulani a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii, Adventures by Disney, or aboard the Disney Cruise Line the Disney Savings Account program is the way to go. The Disney Savings Account program is over a year old but many Disney travelers are unaware of the program and its benefits, including myself until just recently. Disney trips are at our finger tips in just 3 easy steps.
Step one: Estimate your budget
Here you need to calculate your trip cost. Hotel, tickets, dining, entertainment, shopping and travel costs all roll up into your overall trip total. It is important to keep in mind that some of us plan 6 months in advance while others plan 2-3 years out. Therefore, we must always remember that these travel costs can inflate over time. We all know that tickets can cost one price this year and two years down the road could increase considerably.
Step two: Create a plan
Once you have calculated your trip budget, it is now time to create a savings plan. Here are some important facts. You can start saving up to 5 years in advance. Contributions can be set up for weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and one-time deposits. The minimum must be $10 per deposit with a maximum of $1,000 per day. Contributions can be made three different ways; debit card, credit card and Disney gift card.
Step three: Book your trip
When it is time to book your trip your savings will be readily available. You can book your trip through Disney online, over the phone, or you can give fellow Disney Nerds Jimmy and Kim at Once Upon a Time Travel a call and they can get your trip booked.
- You can receive a $20 gift card for every 1,000 that you spend on your Disney vacation with a maximum of $500 worth of gift cards issued per household. In order to receive this bonus the account must be active 120 prior to spending
- No fees to set up and maintain
- Receive email alerts on account activity
- Can remove money at anytime and up to 10 partial withdrawals
- Cannot contribute more than $1,000 per day and $25,000 overall
- Only applicable to U.S. residents with age restrictions (please see Disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/program-details/)
- Your funds are safe in an FDIC insured account
It’s that easy. Now start planning the magic today!!!
Thanks for reading and have a magical day!!!
I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse. – Walt Disney